file C SECTION

13 years 5 months ago #237173 by Kades mom
Replied by Kades mom on topic Re: C SECTION
Hi there Mariri

hope that you are well.

Went very well thanks, doc very happy, we actually struggled to easure her properly, she as soooo active. but all good she weighed 379 grams at the time :) so small yet so perfect!

How are you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #237101 by mariri
Replied by mariri on topic Re: C SECTION
hi kades mom

how did your abnormality scan go?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #236765 by Kades mom
Replied by Kades mom on topic Re: C SECTION
Hi Ladies

hope you are all well.

I had an emergency c-section with my son at 35 weeks, calcification of the placenta and decreased fetal movement. now that we are pregnant again, maybe its just what i am expecting, i would love to go natural, if baby allows it and there are no problems *touch wood*.

We see the doc again on Thursday for the abnormality scan - looking forward.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #236642 by mariri
Replied by mariri on topic Re: C SECTION
thank you guys

i will negotiate to go into labour then have my c-section.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #236638 by Widget
Replied by Widget on topic Re: C SECTION
Hi Kades mom,

I agree with carlene1vn and you should be able to negotiate with your gynea, depending on how your pregnancy goes (any risk factors) and how you feel about it. Gyneas normally book an elective cesarean at 9 days prior to your due date (so just before 39 weeks).

I requested a c-section for my second child to be done on my due date - i.o.w 40 weeks. Dr didn't commit until the baby reached a healthy and viable size and I was past 36 weeks and myself and baby were healthy and I was deemed capable of carrying to term.

When I spoke to my pediatrician about c-section vs VBAC she mentioned that doing a c-section at 38 weeks or earlier increases the baby's chances of being born with 'wet lungs' which would then put them in NICU for a day or so or even up to 5 days, so gyneas normally will only do them that early when there is a problem or if it's an emergency. I can't speak for all gyneas, that's just from my experience as well as my friends and family who have had elective cesareans.

You should definitely be able to wait until you go into labour and then have a c-section if that is what you feel is right for you and your baby.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #236636 by carlene1vn
Replied by carlene1vn on topic Re: C SECTION
Hi

With my first pregnancy I had high-blood pressure from week 13 of my pregnancy. My gyne was very Pro-natural, but he told me with HB there will always be a risk. We waited until 39weeks before we decided on a C-sec. With my second pregnancy I wanted to try for a V-bac. I went to a new gyne, because my old one relocated to Australia. Anyway, I went into labor on my due date, but after 16 hours I was only 1cm. So we decided on a C-sec again. So talk to your gyne, and if there is no reason for a C-sec, try and go for the natural. It is better for mom and baby.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #236609 by mariri
Replied by mariri on topic Re: C SECTION
hi Kades Mom

sorry for the many questions but is that 38 weeks non negotiable, cant you wait for labour and have your c-section? :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum
Don't have an account yet? Register Now!

Sign in to your account