file Your opinion please Ladies

15 years 1 month ago #203703 by flowergirl
Julz, I get that you are upset. But Neil is probably just doing what any parent would do. If DH took Em to the doctor and came back saying that she needed surgery, I would also be freaked out and would want a 2nd opinion (and he would probably do the same if it was vice versa). Let him take Dylan to the doctor and hear for himself. He is probably just scared.

With parenting (unless you are a single parent), mom and dad are going to have different opinions OFTEN and that is good because the child has 2 advocates and 2 points of view - nothing wrong with a healthy debate.

Together, you and Neil will make the right decision for Dylan.

A night out with the moomie moms will probably help you to feel better - you right. Enjoy! Wish I could join you ladies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: julz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #203694 by julz
I am so cross right now and a part of me knows that Neil is right, but still.

Dylan has had ear infections and tonsil infections and been on many antibiotics. More of a concern to me is that he sleeps in odd positions at night and is restless most of the night. He then sleeps for up to 4 hours in the afternoon. He sleeps with his mouth open etc etc etc.

I took him to the paed who said that it is likely that Dylan's adenoids are enlarged as his tonsils are a bit, not bad, but enlarged. The paed referred him to an ENT. My ENT.

I take him this morning and he explained his concerns regarding the ears being infected and that given his symptoms at night, the chaces are that he isn't sleeping well due to the adenoids. If we are going to go in to remove them then we might as well remove the tonsils and put grommets in because he has had numerous infections already. Makes sense to me. Yes I am not thrilled about him having surgery, but I am worried about his speech and I am worried about his lack of sleep and how that will affect his learning capabilities etc.

I didn't book him in, but discussed it now with Neil and he is dead against this surgery. He is going to get a second opinion and a holistic view. Cool I understand that, but what I am really upset about is that I am the one who takes him to the doc alone everytime, so he isn't there to hear the docs explanation, yet he feels that this isn't ideal for get this HIS son.

So the new rule is, Neil and I go with Dylan to EVERY doctors appointment. When I decided to take him this week Neil said how he though it was a waste and that Dylan was fine. If I want to give him Neurofen at night because I know his ears are hurting him, Neil says I am overmedicating etc. As if.

Anyway thanks for allowing me to vent. I don't feel much better, but I am sure a drink out with the moomie moms tonight will help.

And Neil can take Dylan for the second opinion.

Mom of Dylan and Partner to Joerg. We live in the Beautiful Pringle Bay which is along the Whale coast, Cape.


File Attachment:
File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum
Don't have an account yet? Register Now!

Sign in to your account