Simone, i do understand your hesitance and real feelings you have about accepting the sex of the pending bundle, but thats why i feel that it helps one accept the sex before the birth. Now you have the time to get used to the idea and we all know that you will come around to want,love and be excited about it, its just that you had a different expectation in your head.. we always accept what we get....
So gals, i unfortunatley my gynae called today with not such great DOWNS statistics from my blood tests. At our appointment, he said we should aim for a 1 in 500 chance but my test was a 1 in 350 chance. So I know I am in amongst a group of gals that all have strong opinions but MY truth is, that i have decided with my hubby that we would not choose to bring a downs baby into the world if we had the choice. The gynae recommended based on our decision that we should go and see a specialist and should consider an amnio. The wait will be long, but he says they only do the downs assessment between 15 16 weeks and I am 13 weeks so 2 3 weeks wait and then i have heard that after the amnio the test results can take up to 21 days .. so more than anything its a long wait. Im choosing to try to remain positive that my little baba is not downs, but if it is, I would prefer to know and face my decisions that follow. My husband and i have decided that we will do the amnio with the specialist as now that their is doubt, we need to know for sure and that is the only way to know for sure.. that stats are that in 100 amnios, 1 will miscarry due to the amnio which is flippen terrifying ... but so far my feeling is that I need to know ... so try not to judge me gals, please can you help me be strong and take one step at a time and not to get ahead of myself...
My dad is visiting, so keeping me busy

he leaves on monday and my sister comes for monday night for a conference so its good to have some more family around!
chat soon..