Just a quick update- I had my 36 week check up with my very open minded gynae beginning April. This is how it went.
Questions-
Dr- When are we inducing?
Me- We can't induce me.
Dr- I know. You know what I'm asking.
Me- You told me there's no time limit from active labor. Why are we having the c section conversation?
Dr- your baby is already 3.1kgs- at this rate he might end up 4kg!!
Me- yay! Bring it on!
Dr- Or 5kg!!! ( now I'm laughing out loud)
Me- that's ok. I'll make you a deal- if he's more than 3.6kg- will you buy his first two birthday cakes, cos all of my sonar estimates on size was dead wrong and caused me a lot of stress.
Dr- you're right there's a 15% margin of error.
Me- up and down? Exactly.
Dr- Ok fine. How long are we gonna let you go?
Me- 42 weeks. It's not like he's gonna calcify overnight?
Dr- you never know- just last week I had a woman in here- one day heartbeat, next DAY dead!!!!
Me- and why would you tell me this at 36 weeks?
Dr- just saying. Can I book your Caesar for 41 weeks?
Me- No. We can have a CONVERSATION about ceasareans at 42 weeks.
Dr- my day in surgery is Wednesdays- don't come and ruin my day by having me book you on a Tuesday. If you agree to the 40,5 weeks you'll be first I. Line, doing if your way- you have to wait, the emergencies come first- you might be sitting here the whole day!
Me- The wait will be amazing as I'll be tweaking my nipples like a demon no doubt! (We all laugh, ice broken)
Sent home with letter for midwife- Patient declined booking repeat ceasarean. All looking great.
This is to illustrate what bait and switch is- stand your ground. If all is well and healthy, why cave? Why give in? I'm different because I've fought 9 years ago, this time I'm doing it with humor and an open mind. And I won't jeopardize my sons health, but why stress about what ifs?